Everything you need to know about MOBS
Having the right fire protection saves lives. Here is an overview of the most frequently asked questions about MOBS technology, leasing, and general information.
Different costs are involved, depending on whether you decide to buy or lease a MOBS system. We'll be happy to advise you and provide you with the current price list. Simply call us at +49 (0)7054 9323-0 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Different legal regulations and requirements prescribe when a fire alarm system is required. Depending on the sector of industry involved, compliance with additional, special regulations may be required. Here is an overview of the most important regulations:
- Arbeitsschutzgesetz (ArbSchG) – German occupational safety regulations
- Arbeitsstättenverordnung (ArbStättV) – German work safety regulations
- Bauproduktverordnung – German construction products regulation
- EN 54 Fire detection and fire alarm systems
- European standards for the use of radio technology as part of emergency equipment (ETSI 300-220-1)
- Technical regulations for workplaces, ASR A2.2
- Accident-prevention directive – principles of prevention, DGUV regulations
- VdS 2021 (guideline for a comprehensive protection concept for building sites)
Mobile fire alarm systems have many areas of application, such as at building sites or as an interim solution when existing systems are being upgraded. Mobile fire alarm systems can also ensure the required levels of safety in other hazardous areas, such as in public buildings and hospitals, alongside ship and aircraft construction, and even at events. You will find more information in the section about areas of use.
In addition to creating maintenance reports, every MOBS system can be monitored from the MyMOBS.de platform. This enables you to check your system from virtually anywhere. All you need is Internet access. This means you can create legally watertight documentation about compliance with fire protection regulations at any time.
The Contact page has an overview of all the places where MOBS sales partners are located. We'll be happy to help you find a sales partner in your area. Simply call us at +49 (0)7054 9323-0 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of detectors depends on the size of the premises and its interior spaces. You also need to consider what is to be monitored and what your safety objective is. In Germany, DIN VDE 0833 allows for a maximum of 32 detectors per system. Up to 63 radio detectors can be connected to a MOBS detector receiver. We are guided by the relevant standards for building sites. That is why we recommend between 30 and 40 radio detectors per system.
Yes, a detector receiver is a requirement, because it controls the radio smoke detectors (FRMs) and bundles their signals. If you use a large number of FRMs, you can connect several systems to one MOBSbus. In every case, switch contacts for connecting to an existing fire alarm system are present. These also enable the system to inform the fire brigade or security firm.
MOBS has a much greater range than other radio fire alarm systems. Safety is a subject close to our hearts, which is why we have focused so strongly on ensuring an especially large range between the radio smoke detectors and the receiver unit. It is 1800 m in open rural areas and between approximately 70 and 300 m in developed urban areas.
MOBS consists of a combination of radio smoke detectors (FRMs) and a detector receiver (either an optical-acoustic receiver or a portable receiver). The FRMs can be fitted with a multitude of different fire detectors. Not only do they comply with the standard, but they are highly efficient in avoiding false alarms. When a fire is detected, the detectors notify the detector receiver via radio. It may also be necessary to inform the fire brigade or security firm immediately, as well as anyone present on site. There are several options for this:
- switch contacts for connecting to an existing fire alarm system
- with an automatic dialer and voice announcement to a telephone subscriber
- to an emergency call center, using an automatic dialer and the VdS 2465-S2 protocol
- with professional mobile radio and voice announcement or text message to a patrol (analog or digital)
- by displaying it on the new browser-based MyMOBS.de platform
Note: We do not recommend alarm retransmission via SMS because the delivery time is not guaranteed.